We have two classes based in Belfast aimed at boys.
It is often difficult for boys to opt to get involved in dance and other creative activities, as they are encouraged instead towards sports. If they do get involved they are often the only boy in a class full of girls. By setting up Belfast Boys in 2017 we wanted to positively discriminate towards them, spark their interest, and help them to see dance as a skillful, physically challenging and really enjoyable activity.
Youth Engagement Project
This is physical dance theatre for boys only. We have a group for younger boys aged 7 – 11 years and one for older boys aged 12 – 16 years.
- Starts Saturday 22 April and runs until 3 June 2023
- 12:45pm – 1:45pm for 7-11 year olds (CURRENTLY A WAITING LIST)
- 2:15pm – 3:45pm for 12-16 year olds
- Meet at Crescent Arts Centre
- £5 membership fee; £1 subs per session
- The group is led by dance artist Sean O’Neill
- No experience is necessary and new members are always welcome!
Summer Dance Sessions
This year’s ever popular Belfast Boys Summer Sessions will take place between 7th and 11th August 2023 in the Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast BT7 1NH.
Boys aged 12 – 16 years will get together from 10am – 1pm
Boys aged 7 – 11 years will meet from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
For more information or to register your place, please email email@example.com
This summer we are fundraising to support our Belfast Boys seniors to perform at U.Dance in Newcastle, 21-23 July 2023. This is a great opportunity as they will be the only group representing Northern Ireland and Ireland. All donations are warmly received – just follow the link here.