We have two classes based in Belfast aimed at boys.
It is often difficult for boys to opt to get involved in dance and other creative activities, as they are encouraged instead towards sports. If they do get involved they are often the only boy in a class full of girls. By setting up Belfast Boys in 2017 we wanted to positively discriminate towards them, spark their interest, and help them to see dance as a skillful, physically challenging and really enjoyable activity.
Youth Engagement Project
This is physical dance theatre for boys only. We have a group for younger boys aged 7 – 11 years and one for older boys aged 12 – 16 years.
- Starts Saturday 17th September 2022
- 2pm – 3pm for 7-11 year olds
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm for 12-16 year olds
- Meet at Crescent Arts Centre
- £5 membership fee; £1 subs per session
- The group is led by dance artist Sean O’Neill
- No experience is necessary and new members are always welcome!
- (Please note that currently there is a waiting list for the Junior group)
For more information or to register your place, please email email@example.com