We have two classes based in Belfast aimed at boys.
It is often difficult for boys to opt to get involved in dance and other creative activities, as they are encouraged instead towards sports. If they do get involved they are often the only boy in a class full of girls. By setting up Belfast Boys in 2017 we wanted to positively discriminate towards them, spark their interest, and help them to see dance as a skillful, physically challenging and really enjoyable activity.
Youth Engagement Project
This is physical dance theatre for boys only. We have a group for younger boys aged 7 – 11 years and one for older boys aged 12 – 16 years.
Autumn Term starting Saturday 23rd September!
- NEW VENUE – The MAC, Belfast
- NEW TIMES – 12:30 – 1:30 for 7 – 11 year olds; 1:30 – 3:00 for 12 – 16 year olds
- Takes place on Saturdays
- £10 registration fee; £1 subs per session
- The group is led by dance artist Sean O’Neill
- Optional performance opportunities and group trips to theatre and dance
- No experience is necessary and new members are always welcome!
For more information or to register your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org